Cranes and Construction
Providing notification of proposed crane or construction near the airport allows the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and airport operations to identify potential aeronautical hazards. Before erecting any crane, mobile or otherwise, please read the following information below to see if your project meets any of the criteria that would require filing an FAA Form 7460-1.
For new construction and/or construction using cranes within close proximity to MidAmerica St. Louis Airport, please use the following information to submit an FAA Form 7460-1, Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration, prior to construction. Use the FAA’s Notice Criteria Tool to enter information on any potential obstructions. Please note this process may take up to 90 days.
If you have additional questions, please contact Airport Engineering & Planning at (618) 566-5321.
An FAA Form 7460-1 is required if ANY of the following criteria are met:
- Any construction or alteration within 20,000 feet of MidAmerica St. Louis Airport that exceeds a 100:1 slope from any point on the nearest runway
- Any highway, railroad, or other traverse way whose prescribed adjusted height would exceed the above noted standards
- Any construction or alteration exceeding 200 feet above ground level, regardless of distance from the airport
- Any construction or alteration located on the airport property, regardless of height or location
- When requested by the FAA